So Farr, So Good

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Made It

Everything went well yesterday. The got me back in pre-op around 11:45. Had a hard time finding a vein for my IV since I was dehydrated from not drinking since 11 pm the night before. They finally got it in. Went back into surgery around 2pm. The surgery took about 20 minutes and I was in recovery about 45 minutes. I was feeling like I was going to throw up, so I told the nurse I felt fine and wanted to go home because I didn't want to stay at the hospital any longer. The nurse and Darrell got me into the car and as soon as the nurse turned her back, I barfed alot. Good thing I got out of there when I did! The car ride home was pretty long. Friday afternoon rush hour and holiday weekend make for some pretty crappy traffic. I told Darrell that I wanted to go to my Mom's, so he took me over there when we got out of the hospital. I had tried to keep my eyes closed on the ride home because the stop and go of the traffic was making me really dizzy. Once we got to Mom's, Darrell helped me out of the car since I could barely walk. I threw up alot before I walked upstairs to Mom's place and even more once I got inside and sat down. I was glad that Darrell had thought to grab a few barf bags for our ride home. Darrell got me in to Mom's and got me cleaned up from the barf and he took off to go get Reagan from daycare and pick up my meds. I decided that it would be best for me to stay at Mom's place for the evening so I could get some good sleep and not worry about Reagan hitting me in the face. I layed down and slept for about an hour and felt a little better once I woke up. Mom made me a little bit of plain pasta and some avocado and then I was feeling much better after having something in my stomach.

Darrell went and picked up all my meds, picked up Reagan and stopped at the house to get me some clothes and came back over to Mom's just as I was finishing up my food. I got to hug my sweet little boy and that made me happy. They hung out for a while and headed back home. I had to clean my nose out twice with this little bottle that you fill with warm saline solution. That was pretty gross seeing the stuff that came out of there! Around 10:30, I took a Vikadin and headed to bed. I slept until almost 9 this morning, which felt really good. I got up, cleaned my nose out again (it wasn't too bad at all this morning.) and took a shower. I decided that I was ready to come home, so Mom brought me home. I'm not feeling too bad right now. My face is starting to get a little swollen, but the doctor said that will be pretty normal. I'm just a little sore and still very tired. I'm getting ready to take a nap so I can be ready to watch the Texas football game in about an hour.

Hoping that everything else goes as smoothly as it has so far!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home