So Farr, So Good

Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to Work

I often dread what I'm going to come back to at work after being sick or having time off. Today wasn't great, but wasn't the worst either. I left the office on Thursday with 5 emails in my in-box and was greeted today by 76 after being out just one day. I plowed through them fairly quickly, but it didn't help that I was getting two emails in to every one that I deleted! Oh, well...being busy definitely makes the days fly by!

So today, I got back on the treadmill at work. I did 3.1 miles in 35 minutes an felt really great. I ran most of the time at a 10 minute pace, which is quite a bit faster than what I normally go, but I'm trying to push myself. It does make me feel pretty good that I'm able to comfortably run 3 miles after I haven't worked out more than 4 times within the past 2 months. I found this little blurb on www.shapeup.org

"Will missing an activity session periodically or reducing training temporarily affect endurance or strength?"

Answer: " No. Studies show that if intensity of training remains the same, fitness can be maintained even when the frequency of the activity is reduced for up to 15 weeks. Similar findings were found when strength training was studied. When strength training was reduced from 3 or 2 days per week to 1 day, strength was maintained for 12 weeks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home