So Farr, So Good

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Welcome Gunnar!







About 7 weeks ago, I went with my friend, Sydney, to put her dear sweet 12 year old Jack Russell terrier, Otto, to sleep. I have experienced losing an animal, but had never experienced having to put one to sleep. When she called and told me that she was going to have to put him to sleep, I knew it wasn't something that I ould ever want to experience on my own, so I went with her. My heart ached for the loss of her sweet little friend. I asked what I could do for her that day and she told me to come over and take all of Otto's toys and bed out of the house because it would be too hard for her to see them when she came in from work. She said that she wanted to wait at least a year before she got another dog.
So, here we are 7 weeks later and here are pictures of her new friend Gunnar. He's a 4 month old Jack Russell and he too is a very sweet little dog. Syd brought Gunnar over last Sunday morning to play with the beagles and Reagan. She wants to make sure that Gunnar is good with kids because one of her favorite things to do was to go to the park and Otto always loved kids that would come over and play with him. Gunnar was very good with Reagan and enjoyed his time running around the back yard with the beagles.
We miss Otto, but we are very happy to welcome Gunnar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home