So Farr, So Good

Monday, May 31, 2010

More Sickness, Friends, and a 3 Day Weekend

So the teething fever from Tuesday turned worse and we went back to the after hours clinic on Wednesday. Regan had an ear infection in both ears, so we were prescribed another round of antibiotics. Darrell stayed at home with him Thursday and he didn't run fever all day, so it was back to daycare on Friday.

When we pulled into the daycare Friday, Reagan was smiling and waving and in a really good mood. When we walked into his classroom, he jumped right down, went and got a toy and turned around and waived at me. I was thrilled with this new accomplishment!

I got off an hour early Friday since it was the day before a holiday weekend, so I got to go pick Reagan up at 3:30. We headed over to Mom's so that Reagan could hang out with his buddy Ellie. She was clearly very excited to see Reagan! They hadn't seen each other in a month and it was very sweet the way they smiled when they saw each other.

Saturday morning, Reagan had a play date with the sons of two girls that I went to college with. I met Kathryn and her son, Lee, and Dawn and her son, Mason. Mason will be 2 in September and Lee will be 2 in December. We went to the Jumpy Gym that is around the corner from our house. None of us had been there before, so we weren't really sure what to expect. It ended up being really great! We got there at 9:30, which was really good because there were not many people there and everyone that was there had kids that were 3 and under. There were two older kids there, but they were maybe 7 or 8 and were playing with their younger siblings. The boys had a blast! We slid down the huge inflatable slides and Reagan just loved it! They had lots of toys there for the kids to play with, so they just ran around and jumped and played. We were there about an hour and a half and by the time I got Reagan home and fed him a little lunch, he passed out for a good two hours.

My friend, Tammy, came in from San Antonio and we met for lunch so that she could show me her Hawaii pictures. She got married last June and she and her husband just took their honeymoon trip to Hawaii. The pictures were just amazing! We came back over to the house after lunch and spent the afternoon playing with Reagan. He just loves Tammy!

Another one of my friends that I've known since 8th grade, Emily, who lives in Las Vegas now, was in town this weekend visiting her family, so I got to hang out with her on Saturday evening as well. We went and picked up pizza from East Side Pies and came over to the house to hang out. It's been about 3 years since I've seen her, so I was glad that we got to have a nice long visit.

Saturday evening, my nose started getting really stuffed up and I was having a hard time breathing. Sunday when I woke up, I was not feeling well at all. Mom and I took Reagan to go Zilker Park for a train ride. it's a 25 minute ride through the park and he was asleep before we got back to the train depot! We were going to hang out and play for a while, but he was done, so we headed back home. He slept all the way home and didn't wake up when I brought him in and ended up taking a two hour nap. I was feeling pretty bad and didn't leave the couch for the rest of the day. Finally about 7, I had cold chills and decided I was just going to go to bed. I was lying in bed just shaking and took my temp and it was almost 102. I decided to head over to the minor emergency clinic and by the time I got there, I had a temp of 103.5. The doctor said I have a sinus infection, but did a flu test just to make sure I didn't have the flu because my fever is really high for just a sinus infection. My flu test did come back negative, so I got a prescription for antibiotics and was on my way.

I am feeling a little better today and haven't been running fever, so I'm very happy about that. Darrell, Reagan, and I ran some errands and came back to the house and set Reagan's pool up. He had a great time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home