So Farr, So Good

Monday, May 3, 2010

First Day of Daycare!




Here are photos of the first day that I left Reagan with my mom when I went back to work on March 9, 2009 and here is the photo of Reagan and I on his first day of daycare.
It went much smoother than I thought it would. Darrell and I both went to go drop him off since it was his first day. When we got there, there were two other little boys an two little girls. One little boy helped him get a toy down from a shelf and Reagan gave him a kiss. Darrell and I hung out in the room with him for about 15 minutes. He was pretty interested in the other kids and was exploring all of the fun toys that they had. He fussed just for a minute when Darrell and I left, but by the time we got to the front door, he had already stopped. The sweet lady at the daycare told me to feel free to call and check on him during the day. So, I called around noon to see how he was doing. She said that he had been a little fussy, but had eaten ok and was about to take a nap. She told me to make sure and call back after nap time, because she was sure things would be better than. Darrell called around 2 and they said that he was eating a snack and he had taken an hour and a half nap. The nap thing was what we were most worried about since he has pretty much always been held when he takes naps. They said he layed down on his cot and went to sleep fairly quickly.
When I picked him up this afternoon, he was ready to go home. He fell asleep on the way home and woke up when we got in. For the past few weeks, we have been going out to play in the backyard for about 30 minutes to an hour before Darrell gets home t make dinner. Tonight, Reagan sat in the yard for a long time just playing with sticks and rocks around him. Usually, he is running all over the place. He is absolutely exhausted right now and is curled up on Darrell being very mellow and babbling. I've got a feeling that it is going to be an early bedtime tonight!!
We are so excited about Reagan starting daycare and can hardly wait to see all of the new things that he learns each day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home