So Farr, So Good

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!




The first week of daycare ended on a successful note. Both Thursday and Friday, the teachers told me that Reagan had good days and was crying less. Friday, there was a note on the back of his daily report that said that Reagan didn't cry hardly at all and spent most of the day playing with the other kids. When I picked him up on Friday, Miss Gail was holding him, but she said that was the first time she had held him all day because every time they would pick him up, he just wanted down to go play again. I got a very pretty Mother's Day Card with Reagan's little hand print in it and several other works of art that he had done this week, one of which was a beautiful watercolor painting of a tug boat. I'm so glad that he is getting to do so many fun things.
He has been in the BEST mood all weekend. He's only taken one nap both days, each of which were around the same time that he naps while at school. It looks like he is getting the hang of his new schedule! He and I have both had stuffed up noses all weekend, but we are hoping that it is only allergies.
I ran the Chuy's Hot To Trot 5K on Saturday morning and didn't have very high expectations because I just wasn't feeling well. I ended up running it in 31:22! Last weekend at the Bun Run was the fastest 5K I had run yet and I did that in 34:24. So, to do it in 3:02 less than I did last weekend and not feeling well, I was ecstatic! I am SO close to running a 30 minute 5K, which was a goal that I had set while training for the half marathon. I have one more 5K scheduled for next weekend and then I have not registered for any other races for the summer.
Other stats about the Chuy's race:
--This is my third year in a row to do it and they have all been on the same course.
--It is usually very hot and humid when I do this race and therefore usually the last race I do for the summer because I don't do well running in the heat.
--This year, it was in the 60's and the humidity was very low because we got a week cold front that came in Friday evening. It was also a little windy.
--My past times for the race:
2008: 38:15 ( I couldn't figure out why I had NO energy. Two weeks later was when we found out I was pregnant!)
2009: 42:58 (Not quite 4 months after Reagan was born. I still had quite a bit of the baby weight and hadn't been running enough.)
2010: 31:22 (Not feeling great, but with the right temperature, I ended up having a great run!)
--This run goes right in front of my friend Rachel and Matt's house. This year, they made me a sign that was posted on their mail box. Pretty sure that helped me keep running fast!
Anyways, I'm totally THRILLED about this and am hoping that I can keep this up and continue to improve.
Yesterday evening, Reagan and I had gone to visit my Mom and take her her gifts, which was a very cute red table and red chairs for her patio. When we got home, Darrell told me that I could have part of my gifts then. He took me outside and he had planted a lemon tree. My friend Colleen had gotten us one when we first moved into our house, but sadly, it didn't make it through this very cold winter. I was sad about the loss of our lemon tree and Darrell remembered and got me a new one. He also got two other nice plants that he planted out in the front of the house. He told me I would have to wait until later to get the rest of my gift.
We were getting ready to go to bed last night, Darrell said that he and Reagan needed to do something and they went into Reagan's room and closed the door and were in there about 10 minutes. When they came in, Darrell was carrying Reagan and Reagan had a gift bag in his hand with a big smile. He handed it to me and watched intently as I opened the contents. There was a card that both Darrell and Reagan had written in with a beautiful silver heart necklace from James Avery that is called the Mother's Love pendant. I absolutely love it! As I was oohing and aaahing at the sweet card and necklace, Reagan did a face plant into the tissue paper and bags and started to gleefully throw it into the air. It was perfect!
We had a rough night last night. I was all stopped up and couldn't sleep and Reagan woke up at 3m crying as well. His nose was all stopped up as well. Once we suctioned all the snot out of his nose, we finally got him calm enough and we all got to sleep around 4. We managed to sleep until around 7:30. Darrell got up and did his usually early Sunday morning grocery store run and I made Reagan breakfast. Once Darrell got home, I went and picked up Mom for a Mother's Day breakfast at Trudy's. I had been to the one down on the UT Campus, but I had never been to the new one that's not far at all from the house. They had a great breakfast! The rest of the day has been spent lounging around the house with the boys and the dogs since it was raining off and on.
As I celebrate my second Mother's Day, I am so thankful and blessed to be the mother of such an amazing baby boy. I cherish every single day that we spend together and I love watching him learn new things each day. I know that each year, the meaning of being a Mother will become more and more amazing to me. I am truly blessed to have my Mother, who has taught me so many things and has helped me to become the mother that I am today as well. I know that she had a wonderful mother as well, whom I was so lucky to have gotten to spend so much time with as a child and learn from her so many things as well. I also have several very special Aunts that I love dearly and whom have mothered me and my mother both at some time or another. Any way you look at it, Mothers are very special people and we really wouldn't be where we are without them!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Paula Sprinkle said...

Mother's Day is only specialbecause of the amazing children I have, but especially because of the wonderful daughter, whom I love so dearly!

May 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home