So Farr, So Good

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Starting at Square 1!

I did 2.75 miles in 32 minutes on the treadmill today.

Not only am I thankful for having a job, I'm thankful that I have a job that promotes health and wellness, so we get an extra 15 minutes if we work out during our lunch hour. Our office complex also has two small workout rooms, each one with a very nice treadmill and several weight machines.

I did 45 minutes on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago and did speed intervals to the point where I thought I was going to barf. After that, I decided that I need to remember that I haven't really worked out more than 4 times in the past two months and I should probably start out a little slower. Today, I felt just ok...was having a wierd issue with my ears (due to the sinus issues). It feels like my ears are all stopped up and need to pop, so that was kind of lame dealing with that while I was working out. All in all, I was glad I did it and it's day one of the the fall marathon training season. Only around 96 more days to get to that finish line!!

I think that my friend/co-worker Cindy may do the San Antonio Half with me as well. I talked her into running 3M with me last year. I love that she is nearing 50 and has no fears of doing these types of things. She's pretty awesome and way more dedicated to working out than I find myself being. We were day dreaming today about when the weather turns cooler and we are able to head down to Town Lake to get our 3 miles in at lunch. Running outside is so much better than the treadmill, but the August heat is just unbearable. It will be at least a month or so before we can head out. In the meantime, we will be kicking it in the gym. I will run on the treadmill while Cindy stairsteps and when she is on he treadmill, I will be on the elliptical. I am hoping to get up early one day this weekend and attempt a 3 mile benchmark run out at Town Lake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home