So Farr, So Good

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Steamy 3 Miles

My ears have been killing me today. There's alot of pressure in them and it just feels like they need to pop, but they won't. So, needless to say, I didn't get on the treadmill at lunch today.

I got a call from the nurse at my Ear, Nose, Throat Dr's office today and said they had received the result of my CT scans that I had on Monday and I do still have acute sinusitis. She said they were going to call in a prescription, but I told her that if it was for antibiotics not to bother because I'm not going to take them anymore. After being on 4 rounds of them in 2 month, the last thing I want to do is to take some more. I'm just worried that eventually I'm going to get sick with something other than a sinus infection and then the antibiotics won't work because I've built up an immunity with them. I also have enough stomach issues without being on the antibiotics and I'm not a fan of how they make my stomach even worse. So, the nurse said that she would talk to the Dr and call me back. I got a call back about an hour later and she said made an appointment for me for next Wednesday morning and the doctor is going to go over my CT Scans and discuss treatment options. Can't wait to see how that goes! I'm going to be optimistic. Just ready to feel 100% better!

I picked Reagan up from school today and they told me that he bit someone. He's been bit 4 times now and I was dreading the day that they told me that he had done it to someone else. I know that it's something most kids go through. The director told me that he does not like to have anyone in his space and this is something that we have seen a couple of times here lately. I asked her how we deal with that and she said that it's pretty typical because they are used to having everything revolve around them and they don't yet have the concept of others. She said that sometimes thy don't grow out of it until around 2 or after.

When Darrell got home, I just kept talking about how I needed to run or walk or something. He finally told me to stop talking about it and go. So, I threw my clothes on and headed down to Town Lake for the first time in several months. I was thankful that it had rained because the temperature dropped below 90. The only hard part was the ridiculous humidity! The rain did make for a beautiful lake with steam rising off of the water. That coupled with the beautiful sunset made it so worth it! I just did 3 miles and it took me about 41 minutes. I ran the first half and only walked twice for 2 minutes at a time. The second half, I went back to my trust 2 minutes running, 1 minute walking that I loved so much last year with my Austin Fit training group. It was very hot and humid, but I made it through. As it gets cooler and as I get stronger, it will get easier!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home