So Farr, So Good

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Elliptical

I was never a huge fan of the treadmill because I'm super clumsy and always felt like I was going to fall off. For a long time in college, I was obsessed with the elliptical at the Student Rec Center at SWT. I would get on it for an hour at a time and just loved it until I discovered how much I liked running outside and then I just hated the days that it would rain or be too hot and I'd have to go back to the elliptical. I have since become coordinated enough to stay on the treadmill and actually enjoy it and I've even been able to get to about a 10 minute pace on the treadmill.

We have two gyms at our office. One of them has an elliptical and treadmill and the other has a treadmill and a stair stepper. I've yet to try the stair master, but have been contemplating getting on it. Maybe one day to switch it up...

Today, my friend that I work with and I talked into doing the 3M with me last year, Cindy, ran on the treadmill, so I got on the elliptical. It's been a long time, so it was good to get back on. After running outside and the treadmill, I never felt like the elliptical gave me as good of a workout as the other two. Today, I had it at a level 5, so there was more resistance than I usually do and I was on for 35 minutes. According to the machine, I burned 280 calories and walked 3800 steps.

I forgot how much my appetite increases when I'm working out on a consistent basis. I'm trying to make good decisions with the foods I eat like I normally do when I get back into training mode. It's back to limiting my baked good intake to 1 item per week and having one day when I can eat whatever I want, within reason!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home