So Farr, So Good

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend

It was a kind of a strange weekend. Darrell had to work late on Friday and didn't get home until midnight. Reagan and I were getting ready for bed about 9 and I went to let the beagles in and only Charley came in. I called for Cali and realized she wasn't in the backyard. Reagan and I got in the car and made a couple of loops around the neighborhood and called for her, but we didn't see her anywhere. I had sent Darrell an email letting him know that she was gone and he told me to leave her blanket out front like we did when Charley was missing. Darrell and I talked a little when he got home and we went to sleep around 12:30.


I got up at 6:20 to go for a run. When I went to get in the car, I heard Cali bark, so I called for her and called for her, but didn't see her. I went ahead and headed down to the trail to run. I did realize that I had forgotten something at home and turned around to go back. When I came back in the house, Darrell and Reagan had already come downstairs. I told him that I had heard Cali and he said that he had gone out to bring in her blanket and she was in the neighbors yard across the street. He called her and she came right over. Crazy beagle! We still can't figure out how she got out this time.

I ran just under 5 miles yesterday morning. I went ahead and decided to join Austin Fit again this year for my training. They are training for the 3M and the Austin Half Marathons, so I will need to increase my mileage more than what they do each week, but that's ok. I know that I can go out and meet my group and have people to run with at least part of my run. Since the San Antonio Half Marathon is in mid-November, I will still go meet the group to run with to keep up my miles for the other two races that are in January and February. This weeks Austin Fit route was 2 miles. I ran with them the first part and then went further down the trail. The weather was amazing. It was nice and cool out, which is unusual for this time of the year. We generally don't get cooler mornings until late September or even October. It did make for a beautiful run and the trail was packed with all of the training groups that started this week.


I think something we ate Friday night must have bothered Reagan because he had stomach issues all day yesterday and part of the day today. Poor guy! He hasn't run any fever or anything and he seems to be feeling a little better now. Hoping he makes it through the day at school tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home