So Farr, So Good

Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend and Last Week Off

Reagan ended up being an hour off of his sleeping schedule on Friday night. He usually goes to sleep about 9, wakes up at 1:30 and again between 5 and 6. This time, he went to sleep about 10, woke at 12:30 and at about 4. He seemed to get back on his sleeping schedule on Saturday.

I did the Daisy 5K on Saturday morning. It was pretty cold and SOO windy! I was having a pretty good run and on target to finish in about 36 minutes, but not far after mile 2, I ran passed a little girl who was crying. I stopped running and went over to see if she was ok. She said that her leg was really hurting. I told her we were almost finished and I would walk the rest of the way with her. She was a very sweet little girl who was 9 and in the 3rd grade. She said that her dad, dad's girlfriend, and two brothers were running in the race too, but they were running faster than her. So, I just hung out with her and we ran a little and walked most of the last mile. The women get a gerber daisy when they cross the finish line and I gave the little girl mine and told her what a great runner she was. She thanked me for staying with her and it made me happy because I know that she will remember that and hopefully do something similar for someone else some day.

My two oldest friends, Tammy and Rachel, came over on Saturday afternoon. I am always so glad to hang with those two. It's so funny how we can go for a while without seeing or talking with each other, but when we do see each other, it's like we haven't been away from each other. Tammy is getting married in June and it's fun to hear about her wedding planning. Rachel got married one year after Darrell and now it's Tammy's turn. We are so excited for her!!

Sunday, I did some shopping for some new work clothes since I'm at an in between size right now. I return to work a week from today. Boo. I can't believe it is already time to go back. The time has gone by way too fast. It's going to be pretty hard to return to normal life and it will be interesting to see how we fall into a new routine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah- I just cried a bit reading your story. You did so much for that girl. I'm so happy you stopped. Think about how far you have come in these last years with your running. You gave that girl such a big gift.

March 3, 2009 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger Rachel Jordan Shuss said...

I'm totally impressed with how you have gotten back into your running. You definitely set a good example for others. I had a blast hanging with you, Tams, Darrell and baby Reagan this past weekend. You are right, it's awesome how we can just step right back into conversation. :)

March 4, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Melissa Korpi said...

You are such a rockstar! Hey, I have a ton of clothes now if you want to look through some of my hand-me-downs. Some of it will surely look familiar... I understand if you'd rather have new clothes though.

March 11, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home