So Farr, So Good

Sunday, February 15, 2009




The trip up to the Dallas area was good. It does make me realize how rough i is to be a single mom. Reagan slept almost the entire 4 hour trip up to the Dallas area and didn't really wake up once we got up there. My Aunt and my cousins passed him around and he still didn't really wake up very much. Needless to say, he was awake most of the night on Monday night. My mom finally came in and got him about 6 am and let me go back to sleep. Monday night, I decided that I was just going to let him sleep in the bed with me and we both slept much better.






Tuesday, we went to my other Aunt's house. That trip was only about an hour and Reagan stayed awake most of the trip and once we got there as well. We had an awesome homecooked meal waiting for us complete with a sweet potato pie. Soooo good.




Here is a picture of Reagan with my Great Aunt's Nell ( left) and Winnie (right). These are his Great-Great Aunts.








Wednesday, we just hung out with my Aunt and had some cousins come by to see us.



Thursday, we got up and left at 5:45 am to make sure we out of Dallas before rush hour started. He was awake most of the time on the trip home. When we got home, I showered and layed on the couch with Reagan on my chest and we took a 3 hour nap. It was awesome!






I had been reading some different things on the web about ways to help newwborns sleep through the night. Everything that I said says pretty much the same thing. Establish a bedtime routine that includes: bathing, put on pj's, feed, and swaddle. We have tried this since Thursday night and he is sleeping about 5 1/2-6 hours at a time. Not too bad at all. I am trying to get this well established before I go back to work. The official date for returning to work will be March 9.






I decided yesterday that I am going to do the Zooma Half Marathon on April 4. http://races.zoomarun.com/austin/ My running buddies have been training for this since the middle of January. There is also a 5K that goes along with the event. I was going to do the 5K, but after checking out the website and seeing that the price for the 5K is $45 and the price for the Half Marathon is $85 and seeing that the half finishers get sterling silver necklaces and a super awesome post party, I decided that is what I will do. Having made this decision, I will now have a goal to work towards and I will have to get back on a normal workout and eating schedule.






Yesterday, I ran 4 miles and stopped very little. With all of the festivities that has come with being new parents, Valentine's Day came and went. Darrell did get me a day of beauty at Halina Day Spa. http://www.halinaeuroskin.com/ I have never been here, but our friend Patti had gotten a gift certificate from her boss and hasn't used it yet, so she suggested to Darrell that it would be a good Valetine's gift for me. I am pretty excited to use it and plan on heading over sometime before I go back to work. Last night around 7:30, we decided to go out to dinner. We didn't want to do anything big and Darrell wanted a steak. We wanted to stay close to home, so we went over to Roadhouse in South Park Meadows. The wait was an hour and 40 minutes so we opted for a plan B. We went over to Central Market and it was not very busy at all. I had the Valentine's Special that they had that was a 10 oz. New York strip steak, green beans, and a baked potato with gorgonzola cheese. I have rarely eaten anything at the Central Market Cafe that I did not like and this was no exception. Everything was very flavorful and the green beans were super garlicky. Yum! I had to go to the bathroom before we headed home, so Darrell said he and Reagan would meet me out front. They slipped in the store and got me beautiful flowers and a heart-shaped creme brulee and went out to the car and put it in my seat. Considering I didn't even thing we would be doing anything, it turned out to be a really nice evening.
Today, Darrell and I took Reagan out for his first spin around Town Lake and walked the 3 mile loop. A friend of ours gave us this AMAZING jogging stroller as a baby gift. You are really not supposed to run with your baby until they have control of their heads, so we will take little Reagan for walks in his super awesome stroller.






1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Such great posts Sarah. I'm really loving reading them all. Congrats for you for setting the goal for the half marathon. It is going to be awesome- you have enough time to train and really enjoy the race. The day spa sounds soooooooo great. You deserve it Mama!

February 16, 2009 at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home