So Farr, So Good

Monday, February 2, 2009

Run/Walk!

After a long night on Thursday and getting up very early on Friday morning, I somehow had some energy on Friday afternoon. Mom was here, so I decided to throw on my running shoes and see what I could do. I ran around the block one full time and 3/4 a second time. It was not quite 15 minutes of running/walking, but I did it and I felt pretty good.

Saturday was a beautiful day. Gotta love that Texas weather where it in the mid-70's on January 30th. Darrell and I took Reagan out for some errands and he was awesome. We went to Target for some random items and then went and had lunch. Reagan slept pretty much the entire time we were out. We went over to see my Dad for a while and as we were leaving, my friend Stephanie called and said she was getting off of work and heading down to Town Lake for a run and wanted to know if I woud like to join. She was looking to do 4 miles. I told her that I didn't think I could go 4 miles, but I'd definitley come down and do what I could. I ran the first mile and then walked the other 3, so I did actually do 4 miles total. I felt so good about it! I thought I might be a little sore the next day since the last time I had walked any sort of distance was at the Trail of Lights 5K on December 13. After that, I got to where I was just too uncomfortable to walk. I felt great on Sunday...not sore at all!!

Sunday was spent running more errands. We went to BabysRUs for some things, went to lunch, went to get Darrell's hair cut and went to Target again (yeah, we go there ALOT!). Again, Reagan was so well behaved. He was awake the whole time we were in BabysRUs and was just looking around. He was awake most of the time we were eating lunch and then slept for the remainder of our outing.

Boo for football season being over! I LOVE football and don't know how get through the time from the SuperBowl to August/September when football season starts again. Yeah, I like basketball and of course I like baseball and watching the Rangers and the Red Sox, but I really love football. The Super Bowl ended up being a much better game than I expected. I was rooting for the Steelers, but the Cardinals played so hard, that I found myself routing for them towards the end. Either way, it was a good game although the commercials seemed to be not as good as other years. I did like the koala getting punched commercial.




Today, Reagan took his first trip downtown. Our friend Patti asked me to bring Reagan down to her office which is at 10th and Congress. I called Darrell to tell him that I was going to be down there and asked if he wanted me to bring him over to the Capitol. Darrell works for the Legislative Council and does the computer support for the Lieutenant Governor and the Senate. Since the Senate is in session, this is Darrell's busy time at work. He said today, they were only going to be in for about half an hour before they went in to committee meetings, so it was actually a good day to bring him over. Reagan and I got over there right as the Senate was getting out for the day, so Darrell got him and took him out on the Senate floor and then we made our rounds to see the folks that Darrell works with. Reagan was passed around and ooed and aahed over and slept through the entire event.

Not sure how we got so lucky to have such a calm little guy!! Not sure how long this will last, but we will definitley take it!

1 Comments:

Blogger CQ said...

That is so awesome! He does have a politician's name so he is probably comfortable at his dad's office.

I passed on your blog, along with Gina and the Luther's, to a friend who is pregnant now. She's a great TriZoner from my team last year.

February 3, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home