So Farr, So Good

Friday, February 6, 2009

Weekend

Hooray for having Darrell home for a long weekend. Darrell came home at 2 pm yesterday and is off today. Reagan and I are so happy to have him here with us!

I had been saying since Monday that it smelled like dead animals in our room. Darrell thinks that formula smells like milk with garlic and beef bullion and kept saying that I was just smelling formula and baby barf. That was not the scent that I was getting out of our room. Finally, Wednesday evening, Darrell got up in the attic and said that he definitely smelled something dead. Yesterday, was the time to address the problem. Darrell got home from work and went up into the attic. He was only up there a couple of minutes and yelled for me to bring him a trash bag, some paper towels, and bleach spray. This turned out to be the odor removal kit. A squirrel had gotten into our vent and died in the attic. Darrell said that it had not been dead for very long because it was still soft. He put it in the trash bag and told me to go out and watch my dogs in the back yard and in just a couple of minutes, the trash bag came flying out of the vent on the side of the house. Thank goodness, the stench of dead animals is slowly dissipating from the house.

Other than that excitement, we don't really have any big plans for the weekend. Our friends Max and Amanda and their cute little girl Ella are coming to visit on Sunday and we are looking forward to that. I would like to get a couple of good walks/runs in as well this weekend. The weather should be nice and warm, although it will be a little windy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how come i keep thinking, "holy crap! you have a kid!!!". I totally understand it but when I look at pictures of him, I'm amazed! So cool!

February 6, 2009 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah Farr said...

It's still hard for me to believe too! Darrell and I keep looking at him and saying, "Wow...we did that!" It is crazy!

February 6, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home