So Farr, So Good

Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Haircut and My 6 Week Check-Up
















Got my haircut today. I really love the girl that cuts my hair. Kelly at Shadetree Salon rules! She has been cutting my hair for the past 3 years or so and not only does she know how to cut my crazy curly hair, but she is just a great person. Thanks, Kelly! http://kellylaurensmith.com/











I had my 6 week post-partum checkup, even though it has techinically only been 4 1/2 weeks. My doctor is going to be on vacation when my 6 weeks rolls around and she wanted me to come in and see her now. She said everything looks great and I have lost half of the weight I gained. I'm really having a hard time with the whole weight thing right now because I've always been so thin and it's hard for me to have this extra weight. My doctor put things into perspective...it took me 9 months to gain the weight, I can't expect it to be gone only a month after having the baby. So, I will run more and I will eat right and I will work very hard to get it off. I told my doctor that I was have been running and that I have registered to run the half marathon in April. She said that was a great idea and that since I have a goal set, I will work harder to get there. She is running it also, which I think is so cool!




Reagan is eating like CRAZY right now! He is constantly hungry and will take an entire 4 ounces and still be so hungry. I called my mom on Tuesday evening and asked her what I can do to help him to be more satisfied. She said that when my brother and I were about 10 days old, she started giving us a mixture of rice cereal, applesauce, and formula for our first and last feeding each day. She came over that evening and we went to Target to get some rice cereal and applesauce. We made the mixture and went through our new night routine of bathing and swaddling and then fed him his new mixture that was nice and warm and just thin enough to go through a nipple that we hade made a little bit larger. He ate all two ounces of that and then the other two ounces of his warm bottle. He slept from 9pm-3:30 am. That's right...6 1/2 hours of sleep. He has seemed to be much more satisfied for the past couple of days.


















2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great cut! You look amazing! RBJ has a hot mama!

February 20, 2009 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa Korpi said...

Reagan is of course adorable, and your new 'do is really sweet. You look like you could do no wrong. You're like freakin' growing up, and it's freaking me out.

February 25, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home