So Farr, So Good

Monday, February 16, 2009

One Month

Reagan is one month old today!!




It's so hard for Cali to look at him without licking him! It doesn't even bother him!







Charlie and Cali are looking at me while I eat my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.





Look how long he is!!



Cali takes full advantage of the opportunities that there is no baby in my lap to make sure I still know she is there. She has always done this thing with Darrell and I that she will put her paws on our shoulders and give us hugs. Here she is giving me hugs and kisses.


Here we are at one month! Wow...things have really changed around our house. Our living room looks like a baby store display with all of Reagan's stuff. We have his play yard sitting next to the tv, his swing in front of the play yard, a little white storage unit that has all the day to day items we need handy...blankets, burp cloths, clothes, diapers, wipes, towels, diapers, and more wipes. Seriously...I knew there would be alot of diapers, but I didn't know there would be this many! So much for Darrell's idea that he had before Reagan was born. He was planning on getting Reagan on the same poop schedule that the dogs are on. He wanted Reagan to be a two poop a day baby. I laughed and told him that I would buy extra diapers just in case his plan didn't work out. So, here we are one month later and I think we have gone through 3 boxes of 96 diapers. We also have his tummy time mat and his bouncer sitting on the fireplace. Don't forget the carseat sitting next to a wall as well!
I really can't ask for a baby with a better temper. Reagan is pretty chilled out most of the time. Sure, he gets mad when he's hungry, tired, and needs to be changed, but hey...don't we all??
I ran 5 miles today. I didn't run/walk...I really did run. I only stopped one time to take a couple of drinks of water and then I went on my merry way. It felt so good to know that I could do that just a month after giving birth. I found a 7 week training schedule for a half marathon that I will be following. I know I can pull this off. I can't get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes yet and I WILL NOT go back to work wearing my maternity clothes. I may have to get a few things to get me through until I get back to my normal weight, but I know that I can get back to where I need to be and this half marathon is the motivation and goal that I need to make me get there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are so awesome- seriously, you are an inspiration for getting back to your running! You are a rockstar!!

February 18, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home