So Farr, So Good

Monday, February 23, 2009

Eight Miles

I did it. It wasn't easy or pretty, but I did it. I met up with the girls a little after 8:30. I was already having a rough morning. Nothing was where I needed it to be and I burned my Poptarts. So, I finally managed to get it together enough to get out the door and over to Stretch Rock to meet up with the group. A big thanks to my friend Cathy for hanging with me the whole time. The girls have been training for this half marathon since January, so they've definitely got a head start on me. Cathy had told me last week that she would hang with me on our long run this weekend. When we started out on the trail, it was kind of humid and very overcast. We ran the south side of the trail to the Congress bridge and then headed south on Congress. We got about halfway up Congress and it started raining. It was a nice steady rain for about 10 minutes...just enough to get us nice and wet. We went up turned onto Cumberland and headed back north on South 1st. When we turned onto South 1st, we were running into a nice chilly wind. We were walking in big chunks for the first part of the run and then when we got a quarter of the way up Congress, we started running 5 minutes and walking 2 minutes. We did that until we got back to the trail. At that point, I had pretty much had enough and we had 2 miles left before we were done. We walked the remaining 2 miles. Again...it wasn't pretty or easy but I did it. Knowing that I am capable of making it 8 miles is a big hurdle to get over at this point. I wasn't sore yesterday, which I really thought I would be. Today, it was back to the trail for 4 miles. I ran the first half and walked the second half. It was such a nice day today and is supposed to be even nicer for the rest of the week. Hooray for 80 degrees and the trail. Tomorrow, we are doing a track workout, complete with drills and intervals. This is the kind of workout that I did maybe two times with Colleen and made me cuss every step of the way. Not fun, but they are supposed to help your speed and endurance At this point, I need all the help I can get.


Reagan slept 7 hours straight last night. AWESOME!!!!! He is going to be 6 weeks on Friday. I have heard that the 6 weeks mark is a big hurdle as far as sleeping goes. Reagan may be getting to sleep in his crib soon instead of the cradle in our room! I say that, but I don't know how well I would sleep if I couldn't hear him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home