So Farr, So Good

Sunday, March 29, 2009








I ran the Capitol 10K today along with 18,000 other folks. It could not have been better weather. It was a little chilly at the start, but before I got to mile 2, I took off my long sleeved shirt and gloves. I think I may have even got a tiny bit sunburned on my arms. The weather was so much different from last year. It was hot and humid and drizzled the entire race. The weather was just amazing this year. Here are some photos that I pulled from the Austin American Statesman website. We are so lucky to live in such an amazing and beautiful city!! I felt really good about my race today. This course is not an easy course....there are some pretty good hills in in. My time 1:21, just over 13 minute miles. I think that will probably be about what my pace is when I am doing the half marathon next Saturday. I can't believe that it is in only 5 days. I am a little nervous about it, but I'm just going to go out there, have fun, and get it done. I know that I will feel really good about doing it, especially since I had a baby less than 3 months ago. This week will be a light running week and I probably won't run past Wedensday. I will need to be really careful what I eat and try to get to bed early and get plenty of sleep. I am so thankful that Reagan is sleeping 6-7 hours at night!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home