So Farr, So Good

Monday, March 9, 2009

First Day Back to Work



Here's our little family on Sunday afternoon.





After 8 weeks off, I returned to work. The day actually went much more smoothly than I had anticipated. It's been a long day that went something like this:


6am alarm went off, pump, eat some breakfast, shower, fix hair, get dressed, get Reagan up, changed, and dressed, out the door at 7:15, arrived at Mom's at 7:30, left Mom's at 7:45, arrived at the office just before 8, went to Mom's at 12:15 to see Reagan and have a tuna sandwich, off work at 4:30, got to the trail about 5, ran 5 miles, picked Reagan up at 6:30, got home at 6:45, Darrell had dinner ready for us, pumped, did the dishes, shower, fed Reagan and got him to sleep.


I have a feeling this will be pretty close to a typical day from here on out. It's a pretty full, yet manageable schedule. I am so unbelievably thankful that my mom is keeping Reagan for us. It was hard for me to leave him this morning. I did have a tear in my eye on the way to work. I know it really would have broken my heart if I had to leave him at daycare with strangers. We are so lucky to have Mom so close to us. I don't know what I would do without her! Mom said that he was great at her house today. It was such a nice day that Mom had her screen door open on her balcony and there was a really nice breeze blowing through. Mom said that Reagan sat in his swing and hung looked out the door for a long time. She has a play yard set up for him and said that he just hung out in there and slept off and on. He must have had a good time because he barely ate any before he fell asleep tonight.




Here is Reagan's first day at Grandma Day Care!





I ran 8 miles again on Saturday. It was so much easier this time than when I did it a couple of weeks ago. It took me over 30 minutes less to do it this time than it did the last time and felt so much better. It's only 25 more days until the half marathon. I will keep working hard and get to were I need to be to finish that race.



We are starting to get some smiles out of our little guy. They are hard to capture, but, oh how I love when I see that little toothless grin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Korpi said...

It is awesome that your mom is watching Reagan. I take it she retired? You are so lucky she lives nearby and is willing to do that for y'all. Good for you for still running after work. Girl, you are running more than me! I've only done a couple of runs (all 2-4 miles) since 3M. Gotta get back into it. I'll run with you after work some days on the trail. It would make me do it and I could avoid rush hour...

March 11, 2009 at 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last picture is so great! Reagan is adorable!

March 16, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home