So Farr, So Good

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday in San Antonio

Darrell, Reagan, and I took a trip down to San Antonio today to meet up with my friends Rachel and her husband, Matt, Tammy, Amanda and her little girl, Ella. We met for brunch at the Guenther House at 11 am and it was just fantastic. I have only been here 4 times, but after the first time I knew it was one of my all time favorite breakfast spots. The place is beautiful and the food is just amazing. If you are ever in San Antonio, I highly recommend this place. You almost always have to wait a long time for a table on the weekend, but it is SO worth it. Check out the restaurants website https://www.guentherhouse.com/ to see their menu and to learn about the history of the Guenther family.



It was such a beautiful day and always good to meet up with this group. Fortunately, Matt and Rachel had arrived early and gotten our name on the list. They had already been waiting quite a while once we got there and we waited about 20 more minutes. Once we were seated, Reagan took a little nap while his buddy Ella hung out next to him. Ella is getting so big and will be a year old in just a couple of months.



We had some ducks from the nearby river waddling next to our table that Darrell was able to get some nice pictures of.



After breakfast, Darrell, Reagan, and I went back to Max and Amanda's house and hung out with them for the afternoon and went and had awesome steaks at The Barn Door. Reagan took little cat naps today, but not is two long naps that he normally takes. He was really great and didn't get fussy until we made a quick stop at the Outlet Mall in San Marcos. Darrell wanted to check out the kids clothes at a couple of stores. We got Reagan his first pair of blue jeans and a couple of other really cute pants and a blue and white striped oxford button up shirt that is just like one Darrell has. I can't wait for Reagan to wear it! Right now, he is in between sizes. His newborn and 0-3 month stuff is getting pretty snug, but his 3-6 month stuff is still a little big.



So, we got home about 9:30, bathed the little guy and now he's fast asleep.



Last night, we met up with Darrell's friend from work, Rick, and his wife, Sissy at the Manchaca Fire Hall for all you can eat catfish. Darrell doesn't eat seafood, but I love it! Rick is a retired DPS trooper and a former Marine, so he has all kids of crazy stories and it always makes for a fun evening! We got home about 9:30 last night too and got the Reagan bathed and to bed about 10:30 and he slept until 6 this morning. That was pretty nice. I'm hoping he does that again tonight.



I've got to run alot these next couple of weeks....only two more weeks until the half marathon! I ran 8 miles again on Thursday evening. I ran it in 1:50 this time, 10 minutes less than the last time I did it! After being up since 6 am, working all day, and then running, I was so exhausted. I barely made it through the day Friday. Tomorrow should be a nice and relaxing day. I am planning on doing some laundry and hopefully getting alot of rest with Reagan and Darrell.



























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home