So Farr, So Good

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Zooma Half Marathon!!

Just 11 weeks after Reagan was born, I have completed a half marathon! This is my third one and the course was definitely the hardest one. It started at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort http://lostpines.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp out in Bastrop and went through some rolling hills through the woods and out to 71. One thing that I did not like about this course was that it was an out and back. We ran out about 6.5 miles and then turned around and came back the same way. The other thing that I didn't like about it was that there were very few spectators on the course. 13.1 miles is a long way to run without people cheering you on. Since most of the course was on two lane back roads in the woods and partially on Highway 71, there was not a safe place for spectators to park or stand. It was a beautiful day to run. It started out cool and overcast and before long, it was sunny, warm , and even a little humid. I got a little sunburned on my face and arms. I felt pretty good the first 8 miles of the run and then my feet started to hurt pretty bad. I got to the point where it hurt more to walk then it did to run because my feet were on the ground less when I was running. It took me 3:23:45 to finish, but I did it. It took me almost an hour longer than it took me to do my other two half marathons, but this course was much more difficult and I had not had a baby 11 weeks before I did the other two and had been training for months. I definitely feel like this is a big accomplishment and I'm glad that I did it. My feet hurt more than anything. I came home and showered and napped and then went to get a pedicure, which felt soooo great. I'm super tired right now and am just ready to crawl into bed.

I've got 3 more races that I have already registered for.
April 25--Texas Round Up 10K
May 3--Schlotzky's Bun Run 5K
May 9--Chuy's Hot To Trot 5K
No more half marathons until next year and I will train much more for the next one than I did for this one. It will make it much easier.

Darrell had Reagan laying on him when I got home today. Look how well he's lifting his head up!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel Jordan Shuss said...

Woo Who!!! You go girl! So proud of you and all you're doing!

April 10, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home