So Farr, So Good

Sunday, January 24, 2010

This week...



Has been a little crazy! Tuesday we took Reagan in for his 12 month check up. His stats are:




Height 30 1/2"


Weight 19 pounds


Head Circumference 46.8 centimeters




He got three shots: chickenpox, Hepatitis A, and Measles/Mumps. He wasn't happy, but quickly for got about it. We have been pretty lucky that he's never really had a reaction or run fevers from any of his immunizations.




The doctor talked to us about weening him off of the bottle. Today is the 4th day that he's had no bottle at all. He is now drinking whole milk instead of formula. The transition has gone smoother than I expected it too.




Reagan has been a little moody for he past couple of days, but the doctor told us on Tuesday that his gums were really swollen and it looked like he was about to get several teeth in at one time.




Wednesday, I woke up with a little bit of a sore throat and my head felt a little stuffy, like I was about to get sick. I went ahead and ran my 3 miles at lunch that day and felt better. Thursday when I woke up, I felt worse. I went to work that day, but didn't run at lunch. We went to bed that evening and at 1:30 in the morning, Reagan woke up screaming. I don't even remember the last time that he did that. I could clearly tell from his cry that something was bothering him. I went and got him from his crib and every time we touched his belly, he would scream even more. We gave him some gas medicine and after a while, he calmed down. We kept him in the bed with us and he would cry every time he turned over. He did that until about 3:30 and then finally went back to sleep. Shortly after I had brought him to bed with us at 1:30, I was feeling really nauseous and ended up getting sick. I was having alot of drainage and I think it was just upsetting my stomach. I woke up Friday and still felt pretty bad and was just exhausted from the long night. I showered for work and knew I wasn't going to make it through the day at work feeling the way I did. I went back in the bedroom and Darrell told me if I planned on running my half marathon on Sunday that I needed to stay home and rest. I went climbed back in bed and ended up spending most of the day sleeping. Friday also happened to by my 31st b-day. Darrell ended up staying home too so that he could take are of Reagan while I got some rest.




Later in the afternoon, we finally all woke up and we went over to Target and I got some allergy medication hoping that would help me out. We came back and lied around for a while and went out to dinner at Kerbey Lane. I wasn't really feeling like eating, but hadn't eaten much all day, so I knew I needed to eat and a big omelet from Kerbey was the only thing that sound slightly good.




Saturday morning, I was supposed to meet the girls to go pick up our packets for the race. I got up early and still felt pretty bad. My friend Sydney had told me the day before that she was having allergy problems and went over to a minor emergency clinic right by our house and they gave her a steroid allergy shot. I decided that I was going to go over there and check it out. The clinic was great and I was in and out of there in an hour. The doctor told me I had a sinus infection that had been there for a while and I was also suffering from allergies. She gave me a steroid shot and called in a prescription for antibiotics.




Today was race day. This was my 2nd 3M (the first was in 2008) and this was my 4th Half Marathon. I had to wake up at 5 this morning because the race start was at 6:45 and it was up north. I felt soooo much better when I woke up this morning. We got to the starting line and waited around for almost an hour. The race start was postponed because the barricades on the streets kept blowing over because of the strong winds. Austin Police Department would not give the ok to start the race because it was not safe. We waited around in the cold winds for almost an hour and finally we were given the go ahead to get started.




We warmed up pretty quickly and luckily, the wind was at our back for most of the race since we were running south. It ended up being an absolutely beautiful day to run. I felt a little queasy at the beginning of the race. The wind was so cold that it was making my lungs burn. Once we got the wind behind us, I felt much better. My friend, Cindy, and I hung together the whole time and we finished in 2:53 minutes. I was very pleased with my time. I finished my first 3M in 2:44 minutes, so this one was not too much longer at all, especially considering the wind. This one also took me SO much less time than the Zooma Half Marathon did that I ran back in April, just 11 weeks after having Reagan. That one took me 3:24 minutes. I was definitely pleased to see that my training had paid off for this one. The best part of crossing the finish line was that Reagan and Darrell were there to see me. When I saw Reagan, I started calling his name and he was looking around trying to see where I was. I went over and hugged him and he smiled the biggest smile! I just love that little guy more than I ever thought imaginable! Darrell had brought him down in his tricycle and he said they rode all around and Reagan crawled all around in the park and they hung out for a good two hours before I came in. Check out the pictures Darrell took of him below.




After the race, I got home, showered, ate a peanut butter jelly sandwich in bed, and took a 2 1/2 hour nap. We had a great finish to the day with an awesome dinner at Salt Lick and boy did I need that! I ate a ton of food and am now ready for bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home