So Farr, So Good

Friday, June 26, 2009

Charley found her way home!

Wednesday morning about 3 am, Darrell jumped up out of bed and went downstairs. By the time I figured out what was going on, I heard Charley crying. I went downstairs and went out the back door and didn't see anything. I realized that Darrell had the front door open and he was pulling Charley up and over the fence of our next door neighbors. He said when he opened the door, there was a note on the door from our neighbor that said one of our dogs had gotten into their backyard and was hanging out with their dog. Darrell had heard her crying and when he went outside and started calling for her, she came over to their fence. They have a wooden fence that needs to be fixed, but luckily, there was a gap in the fence where Darrell could get a hold of Charley and work her up and over the fence. She was pretty dirty and when she came in, I fed her a little and she drank ALOT of water. Then, she just cruised up stairs and got in her bed like it was no big deal. I gave her a on Wednesday evening and there were 2 big fleas on her, but other than that, she was fine. So, now Charley is back to staying in her kennel during the day and Cali is hanging out inside the house during the day. Probably a good idea any way give the ridiculously hot weather we have had the past few days. We have also put a padlock on the fence, so if the cable folks want to come over, they will have to call us.

I am SO glad that the baby beagle is back. It's been such a long, stressful week. I am so exhausted from being out of our normal routine, since we had family in town early last week, spent the later part of the week getting the new car, and spending 2 days this week looking for Charley.

Darrell picked up my old Accord from the transmission shop where it had been since last Friday getting the transmission rebuilt. Darrell drove it to work this morning and said it's running fine. We will keep that for a while longer now and drive it occasionally and then sell it in a year or so.

This is going to be a fun weekend. I'm getting a hair cute tomorrow afternoon, which is always exciting. I haven't gotten my hair cut since right before I went back to work back in early March. The big event tomorrow is my friend Tammy and Jon's wedding. So very excited about this! We are going to the wedding and then the wedding dinner is at Sienna, (http://www.sienarestaurant.com/) which I have heard is fantastic. Plus, we have a really cute wedding outfit for Reagan that I can hardly wait to put on him! There will be lots of photos posted soon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home