So Farr, So Good

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Charley is MISSING!!!


Yesterday evening when I got home from work, the gate to the backyard was open. I went in the house and opened the back door and only Cali came in. I called for Charley and nothing. Darrell came home shortly afterwards and he and Reagan got in the truck and went and looked for her.
I walked all around the neighborhood and looked for her as well. When Darrell and Reagan got back, Darrell took Cali out with him and they walked all around the neighborhood and didn't see her.


I went into work for a couple of hours, but left about 10 so that I could come look for her. I just feel sick right now!! With the temperatures reaching into the 100's, I am just hoping that she can find some water. When I left work, I went straight to the Town Lake Animal Shelter. Unfortunately, they didn't open until 11:30. I had a picture of her at my desk at work, so I had taken that with me and stopped off at Walgreens to make some posters to put around the neighborhood.



I got home and called the microchip company and let them know that she is missing. They will alert all vets and animal shelters in the area that we are actively looking for her. I took Cali with me and we walked all around and put the posters up. I saw a few people out in their yards, so I made sure to let them know that we are looking for her. I went back over to the Town Lake Animal Shelter and looked at all of the strays that had been picked up, but no Charley. I filled out a missing animal report at the animal shelter and they said they said that I should check the website every day to see if anyone has brought her in.


After that, I went over to Mom's and hung out with Reagan for a while and Mom came over and drove around the neighborhood for an hour and a half. She said that she kept calling her from the car while she was driving around and said that she passed by one house and she heard what sounded like a beagle barking. Mom took a flyer and put it on that person's door. The lady called me this afternoon and told me that she has a beagle too and she saw Charley yesterday about 1:30 and thought it was her beagle and kept calling her and she wouldn't come. She said she even went in her backyard to make sure her dogs were there an when she noticed that they all were, she went back out to see if she could get Charley, but she was gone. I had another call from a girl who said she saw her yesterday evening a couple of blocks away from our house and she called for her and tried to catch her, but she ran into the woods.


After this call, Mom came with me back over to the house and she stayed with Reagan while I went and looked again. I went over to the wooded area and I actually saw her!! I called her and she took off into the woods. I ran in the woods as well, but didn't see her again. I wandered all through the woods and called her and called her and nothing. I headed back to the house and decided that I was going to put some jeans on before going back into the woods. My arms and legs are all scraped up and covered in mosquito bites. I also out Cali on the leash and took her out there with me. We walked all over and looked everywhere and I never saw her again. Darrell had gotten off of work and when he saw that Mom had Reagan, he came right out to start looking again as well and actually met up with Cali and I. We walked all over the place and there were o signs of her.


The lady that I spoke to at the microchip company suggested that we leave a familiar blanket or toy out in front of the house. She said that she has heard of dogs being able to follow the scent home. We put her bed out in front of the house. Maybe when I get up in the morning little Charley will be sleeping on her bed in front of the house.


I am so distraught and just hope that she makes it home. We miss her very much!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home