So Farr, So Good

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Day 2011

For the second year in a row, Austin has gotten snow! The weather forecast kept saying we were going to get some snow, but we pretty much shrugged it off and didn't think it would really happen. We woke up Friday morning to a pretty dusting of snow. Reagan was really excited and kept yelling, "Snowman! Snowman!" I could hardly get him dressed fast enough to go outside! We finally made it out a little before 7 am and he ran and played in it until his hands started getting too cold from touching the snow.

I was able to log in and work half day from home and Darrell ended up being off of work the whole day. It warmed up to around 40 yesterday, but even this morning, there was still quite a bit of snow and ice out in the shady areas. I went down to the trail and ran 5 miles (ran 2, walked 3, knee was not cooperating!) and the snow and ice was beautiful! I usually take my phone with me when I run and I hadn't this morning, but so wished for it when I saw how pretty it was.

I did my 7th half marathon last weekend. Given that I've only run about 4 or 5 times in the past couple of months since my knees have been bothering me, I did better than I had expected. It only took me 11 minutes more this year to do the same course last year. It was a pretty fun race and I was super excited to talk one of my college roommates, Elisa, into hanging with me during the race. I called her Tuesday before the race and asked if she would do it with me. She did her first half marathon last year at the Austin Half Marathon and she had not run more than 5 miles since then. We ended up beating her time from last year by 13 minutes. I was proud of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home